Accountant Job Description
Job Title: Accountant
Reports To: Church Administrator
FSLA Status: Part Time Hourly Non-Exempt
Hours: M-TH; 20 hours/week
EUMC is seeking a part time accountant who will support our church mission and provide accounting services including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, bank and credit card reconciliations, financial reporting, and record filing.
We are looking for an individual who has worked in an accounting role for several years and is proficient in Quickbooks and general business software. Our ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic with a servant’s heart combined with great attention to detail.
This part time position is 20 hours per week. Preferred work hours are Monday – Thursday with some flexibility.
- Preparing monthly financial reports for the EUMC Guide Team including income statements and balance sheets for both EUMC and Foundations Early Childhood Learning Center.
- Reviewing invoices for accuracy and request adjustments, where necessary.
- Maintaining the organization’s accounting records by updating records of income and expenses in either Shelby Systems or Quickbooks software programs.
- Ensuring that financial transactions are property recorded and processed according to established procedures and laws.
- Reviewing financial statements and recommending any changes that may be needed to reflect current market conditions.
- Maintain contribution entries and reports. Produce periodic giving statements for congregants and field any questions or concerns for statement accuracy.
- Process weekly check requests and manage accounts payable.
- Maintain church charts of accounts and perform various journal and adjusting entries as needed.
- Assist volunteer counters as needed.
- Train and assist staff and volunteers with computer data entry.
- Process by-weekly payroll.
- Maintain employee personnel files.
- Process employee onboarding and terminations.
- Consult Business Administrator.
- Fill in for Business Administrator as needed
Key Skills Required
- Education: A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Quickbooks software experience is required
- Organized in thought and with work habits, while working with members, staff, vendors, governmental agencies and church officers.
- Confidentiality and discretion concerning information related to the Church and its members.
- Business Administrator
Please send your resume to email@example.com.